In order to allow the radio to communicate with the FDPUCMADPT, the following update must be performed :
- Download the “GENIV_F-Series_PlugBox.zip” file from the link above.
- Extract the contents of the .zip file to your computer’s hard drive.
- Format a USB drive to be sure that it is empty, then open the folder titled “GENIV_F-Series_PlugBox” and copy the file inside titled “simplecanupdate.bin” to the root of the USB.
- Take the USB to the truck, turn the truck on and allow the system to boot up.
- If inserted, remove all other USB devices.
- Once the unit is booted up, plug the USB drive directly into one of the USB inputs.
- Go to “Settings” then to “System”
- Go down to “Factory Settings” and enter 1660.
- Press the “Upgrade” button on the bottom left.
- Press the “Simple Upgrade” button.
- A status bar should show up showing the process of the update.
- Once the update finishes the screen will flash off and back on.
- Go to Settings
- Go to System
- Go to Setting Guide
- Open Camera
- Make sure Multi-Cam Interface is ON
- Save and Reboot at the bottom of the screen
DIP Switch positions:
With the DIP switches on the side of the box, you can enable and disable the icons that are displayed on the screen when you switch to the Multi-cam input.