OWNER: WALT OTTENAD
A professional car audio installer since 1976, Walt founded ADC Mobile in 1999, bringing decades of experience to Puget Sound area auto dealers and to customers on the internet. At ADC Mobile, he was finally able to treat customers the way he wanted to: with fairness and respect, not trying to jam every product down the customer’s throat! He has tried to educate ADC Mobile customers and let them make their own choices about what suits their vehicle and budget while providing expert guidance.
As a manager at almost every stop in his career, Walt has always believed that training and education are the keys to success in the mobile electronics field and he continues with that mindset to the current day. With deep ties to multiple manufacturers, he continues to provide real-world feedback that helps shape the products we sell and the methods we use to install them.
That same commitment extends to our customers as well – with more installation information and resources to help you do it yourself, ADC Mobile will try wherever possible to provide the best customer support in the industry!
Walt’s career includes the following experience :
- 1976: Sound Hound/AutoFi – Auburn – Installer
- 1978: Sounds on Wheels- Auburn – Installer
- 1982: Northwest Auto Sound – Kent/Bellevue – Installer/Shop Manager
- 1985: Northwest Auto Sound – Seattle – Corporate Installation Manager
- 1988: Sound Advice – Federal Way – Shop Manager
- 1990: Mobile Audio – Kent – Shop Manager
- 1992: Sound Radio Co. – Auburn – Installer/Shop Manager
- 1999 to Present: ADC Mobile Owner
- 1990 – Mobile Electronics Specialist Magazine Top 100 in the US
- 1991 – Mobile Electronics Specialist Magazine Top 12 in the US
- 1992 – Mobile Electronics Specialist Magazine Top 100 in the US
- 1991 – Mobile Electronics Magazine Feature
- 1992 – Car Audio Magazine Feature
- 2005 – Mobile Electronics Magazine Feature
- 2010 – Mobile Electronics Magazine Feature
- 2011 – Dealerscope Magazine Feature
MOBILE INSTALLER: BEN THOMPSON
Ben has been in car audio since Feb. 17, 1979, starting as an installer and working up to installation manager positions at every stop in his career, even owning and running his own retail store. He’s managed installation staffs as large as fourteen installers and can handle just about any situation that we run into on your site.
Ben has extensive experience with all facets of custom installation; including upholstery, fiberglass, laminate & Plexiglas fabrication, sheet metal fabrication, steel & aluminum welding, radar detectors and complex system design and wiring. Ben has always specialized in unusual applications – motorcycles (specifically Harley-Davidson), boats, classic cars, large trucks, heavy equipment and other “non-traditional” installations. Ben adds to our ability to handle more complex applications than we could previously accommodate. Please call if you have anything that may fall into these categories – we may be able to help.
- 1979-1984: Speakerlab – Seattle, WA (Shop Manager)
- 1984-1987: NW Auto Sound – Seattle, WA (Shop Manager)
- 1988-1991: Sound Advice: Federal Way, WA (Shop Manager)
- 1991-2003: Car Toys: Federal Way, WA (Shop Manager)
- 2003-2004: Innovative Audio – Bellevue, WA (Shop Manager)
- 2004-2008: Ben’s Car Audio – Owner
- 2008-present: ADC Mobile
MOBILE INSTALLER: TEDD WILLIAMS
Tedd Williams has over 32 years of car audio installation experience and is an MECP Advanced Certified Installer. Tedd’s prior installation experience includes Mobile Audio, Good Guys and over fifteen years with Car Toys, including acting as Shop Manager at various locations from 1998-2013. He is experienced in all facets of the industry, from building out new stores to the latest installation techniques.
- 1988-1992 Mobile Audio
- 1992-98 Good Guys (Shop Manager)
- 1998-2013 Car Toys (Shop Manager)
- 2013-Present ADC Mobile
MECP Advanced Certified Installer
OUR WORK VEHICLES:
Our fleet of mobile workshops allow service that doesn’t exist anywhere else in the country! We have outfitted our vehicles with all of the features of a small retail store, letting us do your job onsite and on time, without having to move your vehicle from the lot. Because we come prepared, we can offer unparalleled service and get you and your customer on the road in the shortest time possible without having to worry about the extra expense and risk of transporting the vehicle off the lot!
All of our trucks include:
- (3) Nissan NV2500 heavy duty work vans.
- The latest navigation systems with backup cameras
- Remote start alarm systems for full protection
- Batteries and inverters for onboard 120 volts that allow lighting, charging and power tool operation
- Full toolboxes and portable power tools
- Lockable storage bins to house product, accessories and kits
- Steel bins and shelving holding all the small parts you’d see in any small retail shop
- Fluorescent and conventional lighting inside and out, letting us work with ease anytime
- Laptop computers with wireless internet access for database, catalog and product information, and generation of final invoices on the spot
- Credit card scanners for accepting payment
- Cell phones for each installer and salesman
As we progress in our partnership, rest assured that we will always have the latest vehicles and the latest technology and will spare no expense to do the job right, on site and on time to continue to earn and keep your trust in us