Factory Fit & Finish Dash Kit: The KIT-JGC1’s dash kit features a factory grade fit & finish to match the contour and color of your Grand Cherokee’s dash. It comes with selectable silver or bronze trim-bezels (bronze trim-bezel is pre-installed). The dash kit will fit select Double-DIN Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, & Pioneer aftermarket radios with an iDatalink Serial Port.
Retained Features: The following factory features (if applicable) are retained when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and KIT-JGC1 installation package:
- Factory Amplifier: Retains factory amplifier (if equipped) with amplifier turn-on, speed compensated volume, digital fader, DSP settings, and gain adjustment. The KIT-JGC1 also supports vehicles without factory amplified systems.
- Secondary Vehicle Display & Climate Control: The KIT-JGC1 will retain the secondary vehicle display (if equipped), as well a climate controls. The secondary display will continue to indicate audio, hands-free, and navigation information. Climate display and control will be available on your new aftermarket receiver’s touchscreen.
- Backup Camera with Park Assist & Guidelines: The iDatalink Maestro KIT-JGC1 will retain your vehicle’s factory backup camera, if your iDatalink compatible Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, or Pioneer receiver is equipped with composite video camera input. Parking guidelines and park assist chimes are also retained in the vehicle. I
- USB/HDMI/Aux Ports: The KIT-JGC1 comes with a media module that consists of two USB Type-A ports and one 3.5mm Aux input (one of the USB ports can be swapped out for a HDMI adapter port). The USB/HDMI/Aux module replaces the factory media module and installs in the dash to provide easy access to your compatible iDatalink receiver’s rear-panel USB, Aux, and HDMI inputs (all input types are not applicable to all compatible iDatalink receivers). You will need one or two USB extension cables, an HDMI cable, and one stereo minijack cable or stereo minijack-to-RCA cable to connect from the media module to the rear-panel USB and Aux inputs of your aftermarket receiver (no cables are included with the KIT-JGC1).
- RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment): The KIT-JGC1 can retain your vehicle’s factory RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment), if your iDatalink compatible Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, or Pioneer receiver is equipped with an AV output. The KIT-JGC1’s harness features a male 3.5mm AV connector. If your iDatalink receiver features a composite video and stereo RCA audio/video output, you’ll need an AV minijack-to-RCA adapter (sold separately).
- Steering Wheel Controls: Retains factory steering wheel controls with two functions on each button for standard and expanded radio functions. Your aftermarket radio must also support steering wheel control retention.
- Factory Knobs & Buttons: Factory knobs and buttons will continue to operate newly installed aftermarket head unit.
Note: The KIT-JGC1 does not retain U-Connect.
Extra Features: The following extra features are retained when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and KIT-JGC1 installation package.
- Selectable Performance Gauges
- Tire Pressure Display
- Battery Voltage Display
- Door Open Status and Warning
- Read/Reset Check Engine Codes
Navigation Outputs: To make installing an aftermarket navigation receiver easier, the KIT-JGC1 provides Parking Brake, Foot Brake, Reverse Gear, & VSS (Vehicle Speed Sense) output wires.