NOTE: This cable solution also requires either the Apple Lightning to HDMI adapter, device-specific Android MHL to HDMI adapter, or female to female HDMI connector – NOT SUPPLIED
- If you are planning on adding this cable to an existing AV input in your vehicle, please insure that other devices will display properly before ordering this cable! WE DO NOT REFUND BASED ON INCOMPATIBILITY WITH YOUR DISPLAY!
- To test the input in your vehicle to insure our cable is compatible, connect another AV source such as a DVD player, camcorder, etc. to the RCA input connectors and switch to that source on your radio – if it displays properly and you can hear audio, then our cable will work! If your input shuts off when the vehicle is in motion, an override module may be available that allows video playback while in motion – please call 253-297-4570 to see if this is available for your vehicle.
- If your vehicle DOES NOT have RCA inputs, we carry numerous adapters that allow this functionality – please call 253-297-4570 to see if input adapters are available for your vehicle.
- THE USB INPUT ON THIS CABLE WILL ONLY POWER THE D/A CONVERTER IN THE CABLE – THIS CABLE DOES NOT CHARGE THE DEVICE. SOME DEVICES MAY REQUIRE THE USB CABLE TO BE CONNECTED – PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY!
- If you DO NOT connect the cable’s USB plug, the cable MAY still work, but it will draw power from the device to operate, draining the device faster than normal.
- If you connect the cable’s USB plug into a radio or USB power port, the cable will be powered from the USB, prolonging battery life in the device, but it will not charge the device.
- The only way to use the cable AND charge your device is to plug your standard charging cable (the one that came with your device) into a USB port then into the female charging port on the device’s HDMI adapter.