DUE TO THE COMPLEX NATURE OF THE LINKSWELL T-STYLE RADIOS INSTALLATION AND SETUP,
WE ONLY PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR CUSTOMERS THAT HAVE PURCHASED LINKSWELL PRODUCT FROM ADCMOBILE.COM
WE CANNOT PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR PRODUCT PURCHASED ELSEWHERE.
If you are reading this, you have either purchased a Linkswell T-style radio from ADC Mobile or are contemplating the purchase. If you have already purchased – THANK YOU! We will do our best to surpass your expectations for support after the sale.
If you are contemplating the purchase, we are confident you will find that ADC Mobile knows more about the Linkswell T-Style systems than anyone and we will do our very best to support you in that purchase. Due to the fact that we are part of the Linkswell Engineering & Beta Team, we have access that very few other dealers have with the factory engineering and support staffs.
We know that there are many places you can find these products, but there are some VERY IMPORTANT differences in the dealers you may purchase from. We have over 120 YEARS in professional car audio installation experience on our staff, which gives us a dramatically wider “field of view” of potential issues that may affect your vehicle and your installation, and we have tried to distill those experiences into this guide.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON FACTORY SUPPORT: Linkswell limits the support they provide to their FACTORY AUTHORIZED DEALERS ONLY. They do not work directly with the purchaser, so if you call the factory, they will route you back to your dealer for support – this means that with ADC Mobile you will get the benefit of all of our experience with the product – with other dealers, not so much…
On the front page of the Linkswell website, there is a notice regarding purchases made on Amazon or EBay:
Technical Support & Warranty Disclaimer
Linkswell believes that due to the technical nature of our products, our products are best represented and consumers are best served by our team of factory trained and supported dealers. We highly recommend purchasing our products from one of the factory authorized dealers found here: http://www.linkswellinc.com/find-a-dealer/ .
Due to the nature of online shopping platforms like Amazon and eBay, consumers of our products cannot be adequately supported on those platforms and accordingly, we limit support for products purchased there.
LINKSWELL DOES NOT PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE, FACTORY TECH SUPPORT, OR WARRANTY REPLACEMENT PARTS DIRECTLY TO CONSUMERS THAT PURCHASE LINKSWELL PRODUCT ON AMAZON OR EBAY. IF YOU PURCHASED YOUR PRODUCT FROM THOSE PLATFORMS, ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE, TECH SUPPORT AND WARRANTY INQUIRIES WILL BE DIRECTED BACK TO THE SELLING DEALER FOR RESOLUTION.
We always advise our customers to do what is right for them, and we realize that we may not always be the best option for every customer, but before you purchase Linkswell product on Amazon or EBay, think long and hard about the lack of support you will experience on what is a VERY technical and expensive system upgrade. With our competitive pricing (tax-free if outside WA state), free shipping and unlimited phone & email tech support with real installers, we feel that purchasing from ADC Mobile is the smartest place to spend your money on your new Linkswell T-Style upgrade! :- )
Below are all the system applications that come loaded to your T-Style from the factory as well as some fun 3rd party applications that might enhance your experience with your T-Style Radio.
To install any of these applications follow the instructions below.
- Click the hyperlink to the APP you desire to download.
- Select Download -> Direct Download and the APK file will download to your computer.
- Copy the downloaded APK file to a USB drive.
- Turn your vehicle on and boot up your LinksWell T-Style radio.
- Plug the USB into one of the USB inputs, be sure not to plug it into the white PhoneLink dongle.
- Launch the File Manager Application on the radio and navigate to the USB to see the Application.
- Press to select the APK file on the screen and the system will ask if you want to install the APP. Select yes and then the system will begin to install the APP.
- After the install is complete you can access the APP from the APP List icon.
AnyDesk v5.3.6 (Remote Access app for troubleshooting)
DevInfo (Required to get iGO Navigation licensed)
Droid Optimizer v2.2.0 (Optimizes Android System)
FoxIt PDF Editor v7.3.0.0424 (PDF viewer/editor)
Google Chrome (Default internet browser)
NesEmu (NES Emulator)
Nova Launcher v6.2.9 (Alternate launcher for customizable “Home Screen”)
MegaN64 (Nintendo 64 Emulator)
Netflix v6.26.1 GEN IV (Netflix App for Android 8)
Easy Connect (Phone Mirroring App. Requires license & may not work on all units)
ZLINK Tesla Style GEN 4 ONLY (Apple CarPlay/Android Auto App) Current Version: 4.0.18
**Installing too many applications or downloading too many files to the hard drive can cause the system to run slow.**
Applications & Compatiblity
- 2015-2020 Ford F-150 w/4.2″ or 8″ screen
- 2017-2022 Super Duty 250/350/450 w/4.2″ or 8″ screen (2020+ Super-Duty trucks require optional harness)
- NOTE: 2020+ SUPER DUTY TRUCKS WITH BASE AND B&O SYSTEMS ARE SUPPORTED WITH OPTIONAL HARNESSES
|WORK TRUCK TYPE RADIO USES FORD EXPEDITION RADIO|
Factory Features Retained: (if present)
Steering Wheel Controls
Steering Wheel Heater
Ambient Lighting Controls
Heated Seat Controls
Cooled Seat Controls
Massaging Seat Controls
Factory Rear Camera
Factory Front Camera
Factory 360 Camera (additional adapter required for 360 system with touchscreen control of cameras)
Manual HVAC Controls
Automatic HVAC Controls
Factory remote start from keyfob (see note below for Ford Pass phone app remote start)
Factory Wi-Fi hotspot (RETRIEVE PASSWORD PRIOR TO REMOVING THE FACTORY RADIO!)
Bang & Olufsen Audio System (additional adapter required if factory audio module has Blue USB port – see tech tips)
Factory Features NOT Retained: (if present)
Driver Information Center radio & navigation displays
Steering Wheel Voice Command
Auto-Parking/Parking assistance (knob on dashboard that turns steering wheel)
Auto HVAC & heated seats/wheel from factory remote start (manual settings supported)
Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater
Ford Pass Remote Start from phone app (remote start from keyfob is not affected) – NOTE: may not affect all systems prior to SYNC 3 v3.4 Build 20136
2020 Super Duty: Center channel speaker in non-amplified factory systems
Aftermarket accessories NOT supported:
May not be FULLY compatible with some “Amp Research” power steps – may cause short (<1 second) audio dropouts when operating steps
Rough Country or HyperTech Inline Speedometer Calibrator
Note: The list above is what is known regarding integration with factory features and options. Some combinations of factory options may not have been tested in the development of this unit, and may not be supported.
Some factory features may be lost or altered due to automatic updating of the operating system of the vehicle – IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO ALLOW AUTOMATIC UPDATING OF THE FACTORY SOFTWARE, PLEASE DISABLE AUTOMATIC UPDATING IN THE FACTORY RADIO PRIOR TO REMOVAL OF FACTORY RADIO.
If your vehicle has an option or feature that is not shown, please call before purchase to confirm whether or not it is supported. We do not refund based on non-support of factory features.
Owner’s Manuals & Setup Guides
Radio Settings Guide
Installation Difficulty: 2 out of 10
Tools & Parts Required: Plastic trim tool, 7mm socket, 10mm socket, Phillips screwdriver, needle-nose pliers or pick tool (for removing trim clips from rear of factory trim piece), zip ties
For any type of advanced electronics, professional installation is always advised, but most owners are capable of doing the installation themselves if you own some basic hand tools and a spare few hours to dedicate to the installation.
If you need any help or guidance, feel free to call us at 253-297-4570 – we’d rather answer your questions in advance than to have you make a mistake because you didn’t understand any of the instructions or installation steps.
Installation of the GEN4 T-Style radio in the Ford F-Series trucks is very straightforward and relatively easy, as it is completely plug and play. We rate this install as about 2 on a 10 scale of difficulty, and should take most owners 2-3 hours to install, depending on your level of ability and which factory system your truck came with.
We HIGHLY recommend that you watch the installation video below start to finish in order to familiarize yourself with the process.
NOTE: The video below shows the installation of a GEN2 T-Style radio, so some of the installation steps will be very slightly different:
- The rear panel of the GEN4 radio will be laid out differently
- USB inputs will be different – there will be two USB plugs – RED and WHITE
- New production units are now coming with an extended wi-fi antenna instead of the small “rubber ducky” style antenna
INSTALLATION VIDEO (GEN2 T-STYLE):
IMPORTANT: Open the box that contains all of the harnesses and adapters that shipped with the unit and lay them out on a table or bench so that all the parts and pieces can be identified and NOT GET LOST. We get a lot of tech calls from customers that swear they are missing a harness, when in fact it has fallen out of the truck, between the seats, etc. We have never seen a unit ship without all of the harnesses that are supposed to be there…
Prior to installation, determine which factory radio is present in your truck in order to determine which other accessories may be necessary for your install.
- All 2020+ NON-B&O Super Duty trucks require the 2020+ Super Duty harness
- 4.2″ screen: NO ADDITIONAL MODULES REQUIRED
- 8″ screen w/o 360 camera system: NO ADDITIONAL MODULES REQUIRED
- 8″ screen w/360 camera system:
- If you bring up the factory camera on-screen and toggle through all views using the factory “CAM” button only – NO ADDITIONAL MODULES REQUIRED
- If you bring up the factory camera on-screen and toggle through all views on the touchscreen – 360 CAMERA MODULE IS REQUIRED
- Base and SONY audio systems: NO ADDITIONAL MODULES REQUIRED
- Bang & Olufsen audio system: Trucks with B&O premium audio system can be identified by the presence of a small “B&O” logo on the center speaker on the dashboard:
- Most 2014-2018 trucks with the Bang & Olufsen audio will have a BLUE USB JACK on the back of the factory CD player or “audio box” and will require the OPTIONAL B&O ADAPTER and follow the instructions below
- Some 2018-2019 trucks MAY NOT require the B&O adapter – this depends on the presence of a BLUE USB JACK on the back of the factory “audio box” – see the sections below for guidance
- For 2018-2019 F-150, to identify if you need the B&O adapter, you will need to determine if you have a factory BLUE USB JACK on the back of the factory CD player/audio box.
- If you DO have the BLUE USB JACK, you will need the B&O adapter and will use the main harness supplied with the B&O adapter and follow the instructions below to retain and remount the CD player/audio box in the dashboard
- If you DO NOT have the BLUE USB JACK, you will use the main harness supplied with the radio and WILL NOT have to retain the factory CD player/audio box
- NOTE: ALL 2020 SUPER DUTY TRUCKS WITH B&O SYSTEMS REQUIRE THE 2020 B&O SYSTEM ADAPTER
When using the Bang & Olufsen adapter, the factory CD player/audio box must be retained and remounted in the dashboard. The B&O adapter’s T-harnesses will be connected to the factory harness that was originally plugged into the factory CD player/audio box (female connectors) and plugged back into the factory CD player/audio box (male connectors).
Because the GEN4 T-Style radio has a dedicated USB input for Android Auto and Car Play, we highly recommend that you read the information “USB Connections” section below so you are aware of how the USB inputs need to be configured (especially important if you are planning on using an iPhone and Car Play).
All trucks that use the “54-Pin Camera Connector” will need to have the small two-pin plug (with ORANGE & BLACK wires) plugged into the mating connector on the main harness – this powers the factory USB port, and without it pugged in, the factory port will not light up and will not operate.
ACCESSORY PLUG CONFIGURATION:
The GEN4 T-Style radio comes with multiple additional accessory plugs that may or may not be required for your installation. The image below shows the proper locations for all of the accessory plugs.
Even though these plugs are keyed to help locate them into the proper ports, it is possible to plug some of them in incorrectly. NOTE: It is extremely important that all plugs are plugged into the proper ports in order for all accessories to operate properly! Damage to accessories or to the radio may result from improperly located accessory plugs!
We highly recommend that you plug in ALL of the plugs to the their proper ports even if you are not using them in order to not lose them – for instance, if you ever decide to add amplifiers to your system, you will need the RCA output harness. If that plug is plugged in already, you can’t lose it in the garage somewhere… :- )
CAMERA ADAPTER USAGE:
MULTICAM MODULE (FDPUMCADPT) DEMO:
The FDPUMCADPT multi-cam adapter module is a great way to equip you truck with multiple cameras and be able to operate them from the touchscreen of the radio, almost exactly as the factory 360 camera system operates! The main difference is that the Multi-cam adapter does not “stitch together” all of the camera views like the factory 360 camera system does – they are all individual views when chosen on-screen.
POST-INSTALLATION SETUP & TESTING:
We cannot suggest strongly enough that before you place the radio back in the dashboard and screw it in, test every function first! Almost all tech phone calls we get regarding non-working functions (especially USB and Bluetooth mic issues) are due to not plugging the connectors into the proper ports or checking to make sure they are snapped in tight. You will save yourself time, effort and possible damage to the radio or the dashboard by simply testing all functions prior to bolting it in – that way you don’t have to pull it out again multiple times to fix the problems.
Once you have completed the installation, there are some setup steps that need to be completed that allow the radio to communicate properly with your HVAC controls and to modify the clock settings in the Android settings to maintain proper time display. Follow the steps below to set up those systems.
HVAC/SEAT HEATER/360 CAMERA CONFIGURATION:
NOTE: HVAC controls will not be active when using the factory remote start, since the radio is not powered up during remote start. In order to have your HVAC come on at the previously set settings, you must enable the “last settings” option in the Driver Information Center (gauge cluster settings)
PHONELINK (CAR PLAY / ANDROID AUTO) USB CONNECTION
The GEN4 radio made a change in how you will accomplish Car Play & Android Auto – it no longer requires an outboard dongle to allow those functions – you now will plug the phone’s charging cable directly to the USB input without using a dongle. However, the GEN4 radio has three USB inputs – two are standard female “A” type USB – one is labeled “Phonelink” (RED PLUG) and one is a standard USB female (WHITE PLUG). There is one mini female “B” type USB (RED PLUG) designed to plug into the factory USB harness and activate the factory USB hub in the console.
THESE INPUTS DO NOT PROVIDE THE SAME FUNCTIONALITY AND DEPENDING ON THE PHONE YOU OWN, MAY DICTATE THE USE OF USB ADAPTERS TO ACCOMPLISH CAR PLAY / ANDROID AUTO!
Android phones can use any of the Linkswell radio’s USB inputs to accomplish Android Auto. You will be able to plug in the factory Ford UBS hub and operate Android Auto without issue, and have the standard female USBs left over to plug in other USB devices like the Linkswell DVRCAM.
To allow Car Play, voltage switching occurs in the radio and only the Phonelink port does that. To do Car Play, iPhones must use a direct connection to the USB input labeled “Phonelink”. This means that your iPhone must be connected to the Phonelink USB input directly and not through any other hubs or adapters – INCLUDING THE FACTORY USB HUB.
To accomplish a cleaner installation to use the Phonelink input for using Car Play while still using the Ford factory USB hub, follow the methods below:
|Method 1: Source a longer USB-Lightning charging cable (like the one shown below) – plug it into the “Phonelink” female USB input and run it to your preferred location (center box, console storage, etc.). The radio’s second (square) USB input will connect to the factory Ford USB cable. Using this method, the center console USB ports will work for charging, USB devices and Android Auto.|
|Method 2: Source a USB M-F adapter (like the one shown below) that extends the “Phonelink” female USB to an external location, and mount in your preferred location. The radio’s second (square) USB input will connect to the factory Ford USB cable. Using this method, the center console USB ports will work for charging, USB devices and Android Auto.|
APPLE CAR PLAY DEMO:
iGo Navi Upgrade
The Linkswell GEN4 T-Style radio system comes with the Google Maps app pre-installed for use as the default navigation system, though any navigation app that can be downloaded from the Google Play store can be installed and used as the default system as well. In addition, using the “PhoneLink” app, you can use any compatible Car Play or Android Auto app on your phone for navigation.
NOTE: USING ANY ANDROID NAVIGATION APP ON THE RADIO OR YOUR PHONE WILL REQUIRE INTERNET CONNECTIVITY AND WILL CONSUME DATA UNLESS YOU DOWNLOAD “OFFLINE MAP CONTENT” PRIOR TO USING THE NAV SYSTEM.
This means that in order to run Google Maps or any other Android GPS app you have installed on the radio, you must have a data hotspot in the vehicle and paired to the radio – this can be the factory data hotspot, your phone, a portable hotspot, etc. OR you will need to go into the options for the system and download content that is saved to the radio’s memory so you can access that content without being connected to the internet.
If you want to use Google Maps in the “Offline map mode”, meaning you can use it WITHOUT having to have an active data connection, follow this video to get offline maps set up:
IGO NEXT GEN NAVIGATION UPGRADE
The iGo Next Gen Navigation system upgrade gives you the ability to navigate without consuming data and is pre-installed on your system – it just needs the license file to make it active.
Adding the license is an extra-cost option that can be added when you order, or you can activate the iGo system after your purchase.
In order to do the upgrade after you have purchased the system, here’s the process:
- Run the “Dev Info” app and on the screen that opens, the “IMEI” number will be shown at the bottom left of the screen
- Copy the IMEI number EXACTLY. NOTE: There are no refunds for licenses generated for the wrong IMEI number!
- Purchase the iGo license here: https://www.adcmobile.com/product/igo-nextgen-navigation-upgrade-for-t-style-radios/
- Provide the IMEI number of your unit during checkout
- We will forward your IMEI number to the manufacturer
- The manufacturer will generate the license (.lyc file) and we will email it to you
- Follow the instructions below to install
Installation of iGo Next-Gen navigation license file:
- Save the “lyc” file we send you to a USB stick
- Insert the USB stick into a USB port in the truck
- Open File Manager app
- You will have “FLASH” and “USB” drive icons on the left column – click on the “USB” drive
- You should now see the “.lyc” file you copied to the USB drive – tap on the box on the far right of the file name to highlight the file (this adds a checkmark to the box)
- Hit the “Copy” icon (bottom of screen – icon on left)
- Tap the “Flash” icon (top left)
- Tap “iGo” folder to open it
- Tap the “license” folder to open it
- Tap the “Paste” icon (bottom of screen – icon on left) – this will paste the file into the “license” folder
- Now start the iGo system and it will walk you through the setup process
If you want iGo to be the default navigation app, open “Settings”. The navigation icon (top icon) should be lit. Double-tap the iGo NextGen icon in the list at right. Tap the checkmark to verify your selection. iGo will now open when you touch the “Navi” icon on the bottom bar or on the Home screen.